A teaching resource for use on IWBs and iPads for demonstrating symmetry. From left to right, the buttons let you:
- Have the existing shape move to a new position.
- Check whether the drawn reflection is correct.
- Clear the user’s drawing.
- Move on to another shape.
- Select from a vertical, horizontal or diagonal mirror line.
To draw the reflection just tap the grid square where you’d like the shape to be. You can only add as many squares as are in the original shape.
This Symmetry Invaders resource is a game that can be used to practise and test the knowledge taught in this resource.