Interactive Whiteboard Clock

There is now a new version of this resource available here.
Two interactive whiteboard resources for teaching the time using an analogue clock.  While there are a number of IWB clocks available on the internet this one is an attempt to create a more useful method to set the clock in class question and answer sessions.  As well as the facility to move the hands of the clock found on other resources the outer red rim can be dragged to rotate and this allows much quicker selection of a new time.

As an additional function the outer red wheel can be freely spun by pulling quickly and releasing and this will spin the hands of the clock to a random time.  This function will be easier on an interactive whiteboard than with using a mouse.

EDIT: I have now added a clock for when you want to introduce roman numeral clocks. This one references the clock that often has the name of its bell extended to it, Big Ben. There is still a rotating bevel on this on and it works like the simple clock. The bevel is invisible unless you start to drag it.

The image of the clock tower is courtesy of DAVID ILIFF and is used under a Wikipedia Commons license.

Please feedback on how useful you find this resource.

There is now a new version of this resource available here.

For standard IWB clock go to interactive whiteboard clock.

A version of this clock, with extra features,  forms part of the Numeracy Basics app for iPad.  More details here.
Available on app store

For roman numerals “Big Ben” clock go to interactive whiteboard clock.

18 comments for “Interactive Whiteboard Clock

1. J Pearson
    August 18, 2009 at 6:47 am

Love this clock. I will be forwarding this link to the Special Ed teachers tomorrow – they’ll love it too! Thanks!

2. admin
    August 18, 2009 at 10:49 am

Thanks. Let me know how it is in use or whether there could be any improvements.

3. Dee
    October 28, 2009 at 12:42 am

I love this clock too. Could it have an optional digital clock readout for comparison, that could be used for older grades?

4. admin
    November 2, 2009 at 9:32 pm

I will put this on the to do list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Spencer

5. Anonymous
    December 7, 2009 at 5:30 pm

to go with the digital clock on your to do list-
    I need to teach about the 24-hour clock, so a sun/moon or some other a.m./p.m. thing built in would be good.

6. Helen
    January 20, 2010 at 12:05 am

It is good the way it is. If you wanted to improve it to teach kids how to tell the time, you could colour one side another colour and write past and to on the clock itself.
    Also on an outside circumference you could have 5 -25 on the past and 5 to 25 on the to.
    I’m going to set up what you have and do that on the whiteboard by hand to help the kids who are having trouble. Love the way you can get a random spin!!

7. PaulT
    February 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I also love this clock… I’ve used it for children to give me the time in 24hour clock… what time will it be in 25mins time… If a film starts at the time showing what time will I get out the cinema… the list is endless….

8. February 20, 2010 at 10:20 am

Love the clock say thanks to who made it now I can teach time much better

9. NTurvey
    February 20, 2010 at 11:15 pm

The clock is fantastic! Any chance there may be a 24 hour clock on the horizon? :)

10. JOHNSON
    April 16, 2010 at 5:19 am

So wonderful! How can I download?

11. Spencer
    April 20, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Sorry the site can only support its future continuity if resources are available on line only.

12. teacher
    June 14, 2011 at 11:29 am

I love that the hour hand moves with the minute hand… but, when you get back up to the 12, the hour hand goes back to that previous hour… anyway it could keep moving forward to the next hour??

13. Eva
    October 14, 2011 at 6:41 am

Excellent!! Just what I was looking for to ilustrate my presentations about songs that include an specific hour. Thank you thank you thank you!! By the way… I was ilustrating the song “Last train to London” Thank you

14. R Wilson
    February 21, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Fab clocks – I love them, and so do the kids!
    Any chance of developng a digital clock to be displayed alongside the analogue one?
    My kids struggle with writing digital times e.g. 20 mins to 5, which is 4.40 in digital – no numbers the same at all! Would be good for them to see it side by side.
    Many thanks
    RW

15. Lori
    February 29, 2012 at 8:32 pm

This is a great idea and a useful tool. The biggest problem I see, and one that makes a HUGE difference with my students with special needs is that when we get the minute hand around and back up to the 12, the hour hand goes back to the previous hour…. Will you be fixing that?

16. February 26, 2013 at 6:53 pm

wow a nice clock

17. cheryl said
    April 15, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Hi this is an interactive game of the red clock
    Thank’s to who has do this website Thank’s I can Learn more from it

Thank’s so Much
    Best regards
    cheryl said

18. Emma
    May 8, 2013 at 11:11 am

Thank you! I just used this for teaching languages to adults – so much better than my old plastic clock. Now everyone can see it and it is much more practical.